On 05/14/15 21:04, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
John,

I believe that backlog should be different much simpler then specs.

Imho Operators don't have time / don't want to write long long specs and analyze how they are aligned with specs or moreover how they should be implemented and how they impact performance/security/scalability. They want
just to provide feedback and someday get it implemented/fixed.

In Rally we chose different way called "feature request".
The process is the same as for specs, but template is much simpler.
Bravo!!!!

Can we please have this as a default template and the default way to allow Operators to submit a feature request for EVERY and ALL the OpenStack projects ??

Here is the page:
https://rally.readthedocs.org/en/latest/feature_requests.html

And here is the sample of feature request:
https://rally.readthedocs.org/en/latest/feature_request/launch_specific_benchmark.html

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic

    I believe that backlog should be different much simpler then specs.

    Imho Operators don't have time / don't want to write long long
    specs and analyze how they are aligned with specs
    or moreover how they should be implemented and how they impact
    performance/security/scalability. They want
    just to provide feedback and someday get it implemented/fixed.

    In Rally we chose different way called "feature request".
    The process is the same as for specs, but template is much simpler.

    Here is the page:
    https://rally.readthedocs.org/en/latest/feature_requests.html

    And here is the sample of feature request:

https://rally.readthedocs.org/en/latest/feature_request/launch_specific_benchmark.html

    Best regards,
    Boris Pavlovic

    On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM, John Garbutt