On 04/08/15 00:28, gustavo panizzo <gfa> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 12:22:26PM -0400, Ju Lim wrote:
Any chance that the Ops meetup will have some ability for folks to
teleconference in?

Thoughts?

+1 please

just record it and upload it somewhere would be useful, I'm not sure if
it will work for ambient talk but I think is worth to try

Thank you for your suggestions.

The easiest way to shoot this down is "because logistics", but there's actually a bit more to it than that.

This event is explicitly not recorded or broadcast, in addition to careful attention paid to the attendee list, to ensure we create a safe and welcoming environment so people who aren't typically "outward" facing or have permission to publicly talk about the details of internal systems can share.

If you can't make the event and want to share something, you may add it on the etherpad beforehand. We can even arrange an advocate on-site to raise your issue, concern or best practice if desired.

On the other hand, if your aim is to consume the output of the event, the etherpad summaries are likely to be much more useful to you than watching 16 hours of unstructured discussion.

For those who cannot participate as actively as they would like due to the event not being in their area, I am still interested in investigating a geographical rotation.

Thanks,
Ju Lim

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 12:09 PM, David Medberry <openst...@medberry.net>