From: Michael Stang [mailto:michael.st...@dhbw-mannheim.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:55 AM
To: openstack-operators <openstack-operators@lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [Openstack-operators] Mitaka live snapshot of instances not working

Hi all,

we have a problem in our new mitaka installation, it seems that it is not
possible to do a snapshot of a running instance (normal instance without an
attached volume). When with try to do a snapshot we get a success message, but
the snapshot is only showed shortly in the imagelist with status deleted. I we
shutoff the instance and then do a snapshot it is working without problems.

When we use a cinder volume as root disk instead an ephermal root disk a volume
snapshot could be made without problem in running state of the instance.

The same behaviour we have on an other installation of mitaka from our
colleagues.

Is this behaviour normal in Mitaka or ist this maybe a bug? Because in Juno we
could do snapshots from running instances  without problems.

Regards,
Michael

Michael Stang
Laboringenieur, Dipl. Inf. (FH)

Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Mannheim
Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim
ZeMath Zentrum für mathematisch-naturwissenschaftliches Basiswissen
Fachbereich Informatik, Fakultät Technik
Coblitzallee 1-9
68163 Mannheim

michael.st...@dhbw-mannheim.de
http://www.dhbw-mannheim.de