On 4/11/2017 11:50 AM, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 03:54:20PM +0000, Edgar Magana wrote:
:I hate to disagree with you my friend. I do not want to create a distro
dependency in the organization I work for. We want to deploy our OpenStack
Cloud out of the github repos all the time.

I don't mind disagreeing, but I don't think we do.

What I'd like (in my deams) is for <some set of people> to work
togather to provide a consistent upstream LTS, which you could deploy
from git and distros could easily package to fit their individual needs.

I just think if we look at who in the community has developer
resources and a vested interest in LTS it's the Distros (and
perhaps some larger users?)

-Jon

Right, but the distros aren't interested in funding developers for LTS upstream work, much less a lot of the stable branch support upstream. It shouldn't be surprising why, that's where they can make money.

As has been mentioned already, none of this is news and we go over it at least once per year.

Oh btw, Mitaka EOL was scheduled for yesterday.

--

Thanks,

Matt