On 5/22/2017 7:56 PM, Sun, Yih Leong wrote:
Hi all,

OpenStack Forum, the initial data is ready and is tentatively published at this
repo [5].

In the repo [5], you can see a list of ##hashtag that were used at Boston Forum
sessions, with a link to the relevant etherpad url and line number.
These ##hashtag data were generated based on the etherpad links listed at the
Forum wiki page [6].

Although not every moderator/forum-sessions participated, we did see useful
tags being used (##newfeature, ##gap, ##painpoint, ##best-practice, etc)  in
various discussion such as Public Cloud, NFV, etc., and a few projects were
called out (##nova, ##ironic, ##keystone, ##gnocchi, etc).

This is the very first time we introduce ##hashtag mechanism at the Forum and with a
"MVP" program to aggregate the data.
We hope and plan to do more analysis and generate useful information.
All feedback/questions/comment in any kind are very welcome. :-)

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-April/115972.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/user-committee/2017-April/001994.html
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BOS-forum-moderator-template
[4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BOS-forum-hashtag-definition
[5]
https://github.com/openstack/development-proposals/tree/master/forum/201705-bos
[6] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum/Boston2017

Thanks!

My only feedback is I like the idea but I was overwhelmed by the template, and didn't do any of this anyway during my sessions. It's mostly because it's a new set of things I'd need to remember during a session and I just can't do that new thing plus run a session or take notes at the same time. That doesn't mean someone that does have the tags memorized can't take notes, or cleanup and apply the tags to the etherpad once the session is over.

I generally put things like TODO, ACTION, AGREE, etc in etherpads for summit and PTG sessions.

Also, I don't twitter and for the most part don't like social media, so that's probably also why I can't bring myself to get behind anything that says "hash tag". But I'm an 80 year old man living in a 35 year old man's body. :)

--

Thanks,

Matt