On 18/07/17 14:18, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Gregory, we discussed this in the past here. The guide is outdated and
orphaned. We asked how to move forward and the feedback by operators
was: We (= some operators) move it to the wiki and maintain it there.

Yes, we're not going to keep an outdated version published as is. This
needs people to drive the guide forward and none have shown up to move
it forward in the existing form,

Please forgive my naivete here - I am quite new to OpenStack and as such to the
community. I have found that in this project as well as in others, old
documentation can be surprisingly useful, especially when marked with a date or
version.

I recognise that volunteer time is limited, and am interested to see how the
new ideas for documentation will go. At the same time, significantly reduced
access to documentation - yes, even outdated, orphaned documentation - will
make life more difficult for this new operator. If the decision is fixed and
there is no will to avoid an outage in this manner, then I guess that is about
all I can say.

I will say a word of thanks to you and all of the contributors to the
documentation so far. It is critical to anyone starting to use such a massive
set of software. I hope that the migration to wiki arrangements is smooth and
successful.

Regards,
Greg.