On 01/29/2018 12:40 PM, Chris Friesen wrote:
On 01/29/2018 07:47 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:

What I believe we can do is change the behaviour so that if a 0.0 value is found in the nova.conf file on the nova-compute worker, then instead of defaulting to 16.0, the resource tracker would first look to see if the compute node was associated with a host aggregate that had the "cpu_allocation_ratio" a metadata item. If one was found, then the host aggregate's cpu_allocation_ratio would be
used. If not, then the 16.0 default would be used.

Presumably you'd need to handle the case where the host is in multiple host aggregates that have "cpu_allocation_ratio" as a metadata item.  I think the AggregateCoreFilter uses the smallest ratio in this case.

Yes, this is one of the many issues with the host aggregate metadata implementation.

-jay