On 4/5/2018 3:32 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
If you don't absolutely need new features from libvirt 3.2.0 and 3.0.0
is fine, please choose 3.0.0 as minimum.

If you don't absolutely need new features from qemu 2.9.0 and 2.8.0 is
fine, please choose 2.8.0 as minimum.

If you don't absolutely need new features from libguestfs 1.36 and 1.34
is fine, please choose 1.34 as minimum.

New features in the libvirt driver which depend on minimum versions of libvirt/qemu/libguestfs (or arch for that matter) are always conditional, so I think it's reasonable to go with the lower bound for Debian. We can still support the features for the newer versions if you're running a system with those versions, but not penalize people with slightly older versions if not.

--

Thanks,

Matt