On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:12:51 +0900, ボーアディネシュ[bhor Dinesh] wrote:
We were having a similar use case like *Preemptible Instances* called as *Rich-VM’s* which

are high in resources and are deployed each per hypervisor. We have a custom code in

production which tracks the quota for such instances separately and for the same reason

we have *rich_instances* custom quota class same as *instances* quota class.

Please see the last reply I recently sent on this thread. I have been thinking the same as you about how we could use quota classes to implement the quota piece of preemptible instances. I think we can achieve the same thing using unified limits, specifically registered limits [1], which span across all projects. So, I think we are covered moving forward with migrating to unified limits and deprecation of quota classes. Let me know if you spot any issues with this idea.

Cheers,
-melanie

[1] https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/identity/v3/?expanded=create-registered-limits-detail,create-limits-detail#create-registered-limits