I am a little confused about this. Most test classes define tearDownClass that frees resources allocated in setUpClass. But two of the classes deviate from this.

ServerActionsTest uses setUp and tearDown and creates a new server in setUp. I think this means that a new server is created before running each test method. This test is very slow, taking 9 minutes with three hefty compute nodes in a cluster. Many of the methods could reuse the same server and the negative tests don't need to create one at all. Unfortunately I think a lot of that time is spent just doing resize. I think we should consider making this test be nightly-build only.

ServerDetailsNegativeTest has methods that create lots of servers and has a tearDown method that deletes them after each test method. That seems unnecessary. This test is very slow, taking 3 minutes on a cluster with three hefty compute nodes. And that is with 15 tests being skipped pending bug fixes. It also has a tearDownClass method that deletes all running servers whether this test created them or not. That seems pretty bad. Why is it doing this?

Does any one have any comment about this?

 -David