On May 23, 2011, at 10:15 AM, Ed Leafe wrote:

> On May 23, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Jorge Williams wrote:
>
>> If we make the instance ID a unique ID -- which we probably should.   Why
>> not also treat it as a reservation id and generate/assign it up front?
>

>       Because that precludes the 1:M relationship of a reservation to created
> instances.
>
>       If I request 100 instances, they are all created with unique IDs, but
> with a single reservation ID.

I don't see how that peculates anything.  Treat the instance id as the
reservation id on single instance creations -- have a separate reservation id
when launching multiple instances.  End of the day even if you have the
capability to launch multiple instances at once you should be able to poll a
specific instance for changes.