A user is getting odd behavior with his new image.  He creates an instance and
then tries to allocate a public IP address for the instance - all done via
boto.  He is seeing the call to AllocateAddress take up to 3 minutes to return
an address to him.  I can not figure out what is causing my Diablo-3 nova to
take so long.  From nova-api.log I see it taking this long for a response to be
sent.  Any thoughts?

Just as additional background, he has extensively modified the stock Ubuntu
cloudinit script to build a quite elaborate instance.  In the init script he is
copying 3+GB of data and building a large number of other services.
Regardless, I do not see how this could impact AllocateAddress calls.

Thanks,
   Graham