I am pleased to announce that the first Melange milestone release is now
available. This release has been vetted with the E2 releases of Quantum and
Nova. You can find the release tarball along with more information about the
Melange project at:

http://launchpad.net/melange

Melange is an incubated OpenStack project that is primarily focused on
providing robust and flexible IP address management for OpenStack services. We
have also expanded to handle additional network information such as MAC address
allocation and static route tracking as. Our initial target has been on
Nova/Quantum integration. Melange can currently be used with Nova through the
QuantumManager network option.

Our near term focus is to improve the packaging by separating the Melange
client code into a separate repo, enhancing our documentation and improving the
scalability of the system. We are interested in getting more feedback and
requirements for future development work. So, fire away!

Troy