Hi all,

I would just like to propose a new devstack (v2?) that we have been starting to
work on that uses python throughout as well as has componentized installs (for
glance, nova...) and a nice object oriented design and the like (including
having a json format for defining package and pip dependencies that allows
simple comments so people can know what the pkgs are). We are currently trying
to get equivalence going for ubuntu (and at the same time rhel6.x) and I would
like it if we could get peoples initial thoughts on this.

I know the current devstack shell script is starting to explode (LOC wise) and
it seems like it is a good time to stop that from exploding by creating
something a little more flexible (and maintainable imho).

Please check it out @ https://github.com/yahoo/Openstack-Devstack2

Comments welcome!

We are working on getting as much equivalence as we can (while still
maintaining a "clean" design).

Thx,

Josh