On Apr 3, 2012, at 6:45 AM, Day, Phil wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Maybe the problem with host aggregates is that it too quickly became
> something that was linked to hypervisor capability, rather than being the
> more general mechanism of which one form of aggregate could be linked to
> hypervisor capabilities ?
>
> Should we have a “host aggregates 2.0” session at the Design Summit ?

+ 1

I think the primary use case is associating metadata with groups of hosts that
can be interpreted by the scheduler.  Obviously, this same metadata can be used
to create pools/etc. in the hypervisor, but we can't forget about the
scheduler.  Modifying flags on the hosts for capabilities is ugly.

Vish