+1

It is important that we distinguish between those who might contribute to the development of OpenStack, who often have advanced
language skills, as contrasted with those who might be asked to operate a cloud based on OpenStack. While it may be that the language
of open source development is English, it is not as likely that you'll find someone in IT operations at a company in a non-English language speaking
country who has advanced (and in some cases, any) english language skills. For them, English language log messages might as well have been
written in Romulan.

As a means of making this real, imagine trying to operate and debug OpenStack if all of the log messages were written in Simple Chinese.
Who amongst us could do that, or would much less even attempt it? I rest my case.

It is critically important that we localize as much as possible, including log messages, install and operations manuals as well
as UI components for locales that we would like to see adopt OpenStack. Thorough globalization will be critical to broad adoption of OpenStack,
especially in emerging geographies.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Industry and Cloud Standards
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
IBM Software Group, Standards Strategy
email: chris...@us.ibm.com
Twitter: christo4ferris