Hello,
I have installed lastest Essex version on 2 nodes. One controller node
(nova-compute/nova-network/nova-api/nova-volume) and the other one is compute
node (nova-compute/nova-api/nova-network) in flatDHCP mode.

I am able to launch VMs and associate private/floating ips and also ping and
ssh to the VMs.

My controller node is on one network (16.78.*)  and my compute node is another
network (16.89.*). So, i created 2 pools of floating ips, one for each network
(so that I could associate guest VMs  appropriately based on the host they are
launched on).
From the dashboard, i launched a VM. It was successful and showed the private
ip address. But, the UI does not show on which node it was launched on. Without
this information, I am not able allocate/associate the floating ip from
appropriate pool. I have to go to the command line and run
euca-describe-instances to check where it was launched and then, come back
to dashboard to choose the floating ip from appropriate pool.

Is there a way on the horizon dashboard to find which host the guest
VM actually got launched on?

Thanks,
-Jay