All,

I'm finally starting the upgrade to our internal cloud to the Essex release
that's part of Ubuntu 12.04LTS.  I'd like to setup the cloud to register
instance names with our existing internal DNS servers.  While there's some
mention of this searching the Web, I haven't stumbled across anything
definitive.

My guess is that I need to replace the default dnsmasq server with an alternate
backend such as nsupdate, however I'm unsure how the overall DHCP/DNS plumbing
is configured.  Are there any pointers and/or design documents that I could be
pointed towards to give me a better understanding to help me implement this
functionality?

Also, I see that there appears to be a nova-compute extension in the current
development branch that appears to provide this functionality if I've read
things correctly.  However I'd rather rely upon released packages for our essex
deployment, rather than pulling in code from the development trunk.

Anyways, any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and regards,
Ross