On 24/08/12 20:50, Yufang Zhang wrote:
2012/8/24 Gabriel Hurley <gabriel.hur...@nebula.com
<mailto:gabriel.hur...@nebula.com>>

    I traced this through the code at one point looking for the same
    thing. As it stands, right now there is **not** a mechanism for
    customizing the default security group’s rules. It’s created
    programmatically the first time the rules for a project are
    retrieved with no hook to add or change its characteristics.____

    __ __

    I’d love to see this be possible, but it’s definitely a feature
    request.____

    __

  Really agreed. I have created a blueprint to track this issue:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/default-rules-for-default-security-group

At NeCTAR, rather than modifying the default group we create 3 new groups (SSH, ICMP, HTTP/S) for the tenant at the time of tenant creation, and found this to be a reasonable compromise between security and convenience. This has its issues of course, but perhaps the blueprint could be extended to cover the creation of new groups, as well as modifying the existing default one . . .

    __