On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> fixed range is likely fine. I suspect you created your network with a
> 10.0.0.0/24 though. It might be a bit tricky to switch to a larger range now.
> You may have to create the rest of your fixed ips manually in the db
> associated with the same network and then change the cidr entry on the
> network in the db to 10.0.0.0/16. You also might have to manually destroy the
> bridges and let nova-network recreate them.

That does seem to be the case, if you'd asked me 24hr ago I'd have
sworn I never put /24 anywhere but that's the only explaination that
fits observed reality.  Luckily I haven't quite called the system
production yet so I'm taking a maintenance window now, terminating all
instances and deleting and recreating network

Being able to expand networks more easily would be a nice thing (and
in a dhcp controlled world it's not too disruptive as long as you
don't go pushing the gateway address around), but best I can tell this
is what I've got right now.

Thanks,
-Jon