On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Carl Bolterstein
<cbolterst...@blackmesh.com> wrote:
> For the curiosity sake -
>
> After some trial and error.  It appears we have solved one half of our
> conundrum.  Using the driver below, there is no ip data inserted into
> libvirt.xml which allows any ip to be used.  It works for our uses (HA vip
> services, secondary addresses).
>
> libvirt_vif_driver=nova.virt.libvirt.vif.LibvirtOpenVswitchVirtualPortDriver

yes, the docs here
(http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/nova_with_quantum_vifplugging_ovs.html)
talk about using the hybrid driver if you care about security groups.
We should expand it to also mention that this applies for
spoof-prevention as well.

> This however does not prevent quantum from assigning a used IP to a new port,
> but working on that.

Would be great if you can provide more detail there.

Dan