On 11/01/2012 05:14 PM, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 09:09:14PM -0400, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
TL;DR: The way OpenStack handles the adminPass attribute during
metadata injection is not useful on operating systems without an
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.  I would like to make the adminPass value
available on a Windows instance, and this is my proposal for how to do
it.

Oh geez, it gets worse.  The configuration disk created by OpenStack
is a whole-disk filesystem (no partition map), so Windows thinks it's
all unallocated space...so even with my patches in place I still can't
get at the data.

I can see I'm traveling through largely unexplored territory here.

It's somewhere on my TODO list to refactor the new
config disk stuff to reuse the mounting logic from
virt/disk/ and thus could support partitions if required.

cheers,
Pádraig.