Hi,

I am looking for a way to propose a blueprint to the ceilometer team - "Adding
Hbase storage backend for ceilometer". Currently we have only MongoDB and
SQLalchemy as the possible ceilometer storage backend. Given the storage
interface is clearly designed and allows us to have different backend, it would
be nice to have more options which make Ceilometer more adoptive to some
providers' existing architectures. As a cloud IAAS provider, Ceilometer might
not be just considered as a usage db, also it's being seen as a centralized
place to store all the usage data cross platforms. Additionally, all the
historical usage data stored can be used for historical usage analysis as well,
this is where MapReduce comes into play. With Hadoop Hbase, it allows usage
data to be stored in HDFS, also it gives us the ability to run large scale
massive MapRed analysis jobs in the future.

Thanks,
Shengjie