Yep, you have to configure the proxy logging middleware like this, and if
youre logging local you dont need to use the udp logging, you can log
locally like this

[DEFAULT] section should look like this :

log_name = swift-proxy-server
log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0
log_level = DEBUG

You need to add the proxy-logging filtering to the main pipeline

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = catch_errors healthcheck cache authtoken swiftauth proxy-logging
proxy-server

Then you need to activate the filter , adding this section at the end of
the config

[filter:proxy-logging]
use = egg:swift#proxy_logging

That should be enough, of course you need to configure your syslog to route
your logs wherever you want, for example in out /etc/rsyslog.d/ , we create
an 10-swift.conf , with this content :)

local0.*;local0.!notice /var/log/swift/proxy.log
local0.notice           /var/log/swift/proxy.error
local0.*

Best

Lean
Mercadolibre Cloudbuilders