Hi,
I just deployed my first openstack controller using the puppet modules from stackforge and the grizzly packages from RDO and it seems there is a problem that apparently has been fixed but that fix didn't make it into grizzly.

Since this is a controller node there is no cinder-volumes service running yet. As a result when I try to create a volume openstack tries to create a volume which then gets stuck in the "creating" stage and cannot be deleted.

The issue is described here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1053931

While the bug has been marked as fixed I still see this with my grizzly setup.

Regards,
  Dennis