I was trying to find information from other than official openstack
documentation. Every time I have followed the openstack docs I have either
rendered my whole openstack server unusable or can never get said feature to
work. So I am a bit weary to follow, because I have no way to clone my current
physical server test environment before i make changes at this time.

One thing I need clarification on is, the nova driver that needs to be
replaced. What happens to the previous driver and can I no longer use that with
KVM?

Thanks