> On 10/01/2013 12:24 PM, Ilkka Tengvall wrote:
>>
>> This remains the problem now. If we create a port to a network with fixed
>> ip, it succeeds. but when we attach that to a router, it will stay in DOWN
>> state and will not generate the required route to router namespace. Is there
>> a way to specify the ip address while attaching the interface to router?

I understood that you had provider networks that connected instances
to existing physical infrastructure and external router (cisco or
juniper, or some other physical system), presumably this has an IP
already, no need to assign one using quantum.  Or are you asking about
different networks now?

For networks that are completely quantum controlled I believe when you
attach the subnet to the router it expects to create the port itself
and use the router ip specified in the subnet.  I'm less certain of
this as my "important" networks are using external routers, but that's
what I recall from testing