Good day.

I've successfully install and configure baremetall copy of openstack (1 compute, 1 controller and 1 neutron server).

But then I was asked to repeat configuration under virtual box (with software qemu as hypervisor). It working mostly, but I completely stuck with neutron internal networks.

My configuration:

Three servers:
controller
compute1
neutron

eth2 on all servers is 'vm data network', designated for the GRE traffic. It is a 'internal network' in virtual box settings (all three VMs running on same virtualbox host).

Pings successfully fly between virtual machines on compute1, but according to tcpdump did not getting to eth2 (and did not getting to neutron node).

My settings:

interfaces:

iface eth2 inet static
#vm-data (neutron) network
        address 192.168.22.11
        netmask 255.255.255.0

OVS plugin configuration for neutron:

[DEFAULT]
debug=True
verbose=True
rpc_backend=neutron.openstack.common.rpc.impl_kombu
rabbit_host = controller
state_path = /var/lib/neutron
lock_path = $state_path/lock
core_plugin = neutron.plugins.openvswitch.ovs_neutron_plugin.OVSNeutronPluginV2
notification_driver = neutron.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier
[quotas]
[agent]
root_helper = sudo /usr/bin/neutron-rootwrap /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf
[database]
connection = mysql://neutron:****@controller/neutron
[service_providers]
service_provider=LOADBALANCER:Haproxy:neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.plugin_driver.HaproxyOnHostPluginDriver:default
[securitygroup]
firewall_driver = neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver
[keystone_authtoken]
auth_host = controller
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
admin_tenant_name = service
admin_user = neutron
admin_password = *****

When two virtual machines (connected to same internal network) are running, ovs-vsctl show displays:

ovs-vsctl show
37f693d4-b1c5-46fd-9278-fe99153e0aa8
    Bridge br-tun
        Port "gre-1"
            Interface "gre-1"
                type: gre
        Port br-tun
            Interface br-tun
                type: internal
        Port patch-int
            Interface patch-int
                type: patch
    Bridge br-ex
        Port phy-br-ex
            Interface phy-br-ex
        Port "eth0"
            Interface "eth0"
        Port br-ex
            Interface br-ex
                type: internal
    Bridge br-int
        Port "qvo886390bf-84"
            tag: 1
            Interface "qvo886390bf-84"
        Port patch-tun
            Interface patch-tun
                type: patch
        Port br-int
            Interface br-int
                type: internal
        Port "qvo559b9c00-20"
            tag: 1
            Interface "qvo559b9c00-20"
        Port int-br-ex
            Interface int-br-ex
    ovs_version: "1.10.2"

When I start to ping a router (resides on neutron node), I see traffic (unanswered arp requests to the gw) on br-int, but none on br-tun or eth2.

Compute1 can ping neutron (pings from 192.168.22.11 reach 192.168.22.2), but GRE seems dies somewhere before going to physical interface.

Please help, thanks.