I have been using my limited powers to play whack-a-mole with spam on
ask.openstack.org this morning and yesterday evening.  Several of the
posts have been coming from the same set of users.

I am wondering what sort of tools we have at our disposal to help
combat this problem.  Based on what I've seen recently, we could
reduce the nature of this problem by:

- Limiting the number of open posts someone with a reputation of "1"
  is allowed to have,
- Preventing any posts from someone who has a post flagged by more
  than one person.

In support of the second option, we should probably change "flag
offensive" to "flag for moderator review" or something similar, so
that people feel free to flag posts that are "spam" rather than
"offensive".

At least for the spam that was cropping in the past 24 hours, some
simple keyword blacklisting would have prevented much of it.

Cheers,

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <l...@redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/