Von: lucas.g...@gmail.com [mailto:lucas.g...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. November 2014 06:28
An: openstack@lists.openstack.org
Betreff: Re: [Openstack] Opentack and DNS / DHCP / IPAM

So no one else has anything to say on these issues?  Best practices?  how they
do it?

It seems like a legitimate question.

Gary

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM,
lucas.g...@gmail.com<mailto:lucas.g...@gmail.com>
<lucas.g...@gmail.com<mailto:lucas.g...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Just wondering how people handle DNS / DHCP / IPAM in their private clouds,  I
realize that open stack networking handles the DHCP side internally, the
important piece is how do other organizations integrate with their existing
DNS/IPAM solutions?

So, if I have an application stack in our current environment, we'd have DNS
entries set in our DNS server, along with documenting the allocation in our
local IPAM solution.

When we start using private cloud that becomes unwieldy (it already is) and I'm
wondering what solutions other organizations have come up with.

Gary Lucas