Tiago,

I am not sure how I missed this reply.

Thank you So much for this info.

It is VERY helpful.

Did you use a deployment tool or are these manually installed.

Thanks again

Lance

On 21/04/2015 18:57, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
Lance,

Currently, I'm running all nodes as VMs (everything is Ubuntu 14.04.2 - 64-bit - Minimum Installation), to test it.

Where:

1- Physical Host with KVM - 4 physical ethernets - 32G of RAM;

1- VM with Juno Controller - 1 ethernet VirtIO - 4G;
1- VM with Juno Network - 3 ethernet VirtIO - 2G;
1- VM with Juno Compute - 2 ethernet VirtIO - 16G + KVM with Nested Virtualization, where the VM can have its own VMs without being slow);

1- VM with Kilo Controller - 1 ethernet VirtIO - 4G;
1- VM with Kilo Network - 3 ethernet VirtIO - 2G;
1- VM with Kilo Compute - 2 ethernet VirtIO -16G + KVM with Nested Virtualization, where the VM can have its own VMs without being slow);

NOTE: Both the Host and Kilo VMs, have the same "Ubuntu Cloud Archive" enabled (`add-apt-repository cloud-archive:kilo`). So, I can get the latest libvirt + QEmu for the Host itself. And Juno VMs have `add-apt-repository cloud-archive:juno` archive.

For a production environment, I'm sure you can have at least, the Controller as a VM. While the Network node will be a bit slow as a VM, but it works.

Also, I have enabled at the Host and at the Compute Nodes, KSM and VHOST_NET at /etc/default/qemu-kvm config file. So I can share RAM memory pages between VMs (KSM) and speed up the network traffic (VHOST).

Cheers!
Thiago