Hi List,

That wasn't it, unfortunately.  I made those changes but to no avail.

We're hitting this problem before that stage in the install guide anyway, in the "Create the service entity and API endpoint" section.

*To create the service entity and API endpoint*

1.

   The Identity service manages a catalog of services in your OpenStack
   environment. Services use this catalog to determine the other
   services available in your environment.

   Create the service entity for the Identity service:

   $ openstack service create \
      --name keystone --description "OpenStack Identity" identity

The SQL in keystone.conf works perfectly, copying it to the shell logs straight in to the keystone database as user keystone.

It does look like WSGI - from keystone.log:

2015-05-23 16:03:44.909 1739 TRACE keystone.common.wsgi OperationalError: (OperationalError) (1045, "Access denied for user 'keystone'@'localhost' (using password: YES)") None None

In keystone.conf the hostname is set to "controller", not localhost. (and changing it makes no diff)

Thanks,

Mike.