From: Bob Ball [mailto:bob.b...@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:34 PM
To: Ivan Derbenev; openstack@lists.openstack.org
Subject: RE: xenserver and cinder

Hi Ivan,

XenAPINFSDriver was primarily useful for pooled scenarios (which in turn relied
on Nova aggregates) - however it's not the easiest way to consume Cinder
volumes.  The XenServer Nova integration supports BFV and volume attach for
Cinder volumes presented over iSCSI, so however those are managed by Cinder is
independent of how XenServer can consume them.

Even when using the deprecated XenAPINFSDriver, the storage had to be remote
storage (i.e. provided to the host through an NFS server) so that does not let
you use the hypervisor-local storage as block storage provisionable by Cinder
and you would have needed a separate VM if you actually need your Cinder
volumes to be provisioned from local storage.

Bob