On 06/24/2016 05:47 PM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
On Jun 25, 2016, at 12:22 AM, Clint Byrum wrote:

Excerpts from Turbo Fredriksson's message of 2016-06-24 22:50:40 +0100:
The page
http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/config-reference/compute/hypervisors.html
states:

  Most installations use only one hypervisor. However, you can use
  ComputeFilter and ImagePropertiesFilter to schedule different
  hypervisors within the same installation.

If you want to use different compute drivers on one machine, you need
to run two copies of nova-compute on that machine.

Yeah, that's what I've heard before. I just found that documentation
information,
and that suggests otherwise..

One has to ask though... what two hypervisors are you wanting to use on
the same box?

libvirt (KVM) and nova-docker. I have need for both containers and real
VMs.

I'd very much like to limit my power/cooling requirements by only
run physical machines absolutly necessary. Having to specify one+ host
for containers and one+ host for VMs will mean that these two+ hosts
will individually run "empty" for the most part..

Yes, they will fill up eventually, but I rather only have ONE Compute
running if the containers and VMs fits on ONE..

How about running two containers on your host, with one nova-compute in each?

Chris