On 8/30/16, 4:44 PM, "Satish Patel" <satish....@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Robert,
>
>    I didn't find any related configuration which blacklist mac address on
>    Mitaka. also i didn't find any document stated that DHCP agent only
>   gives ip address to instance mac address.

I am not sure if there is any specific doc about this on the OpenStack pages.
However, neutron starts a dnsmasq process so you can have a look with ps on how
that is running and configured.

I am no dnsmasq expert but I looking at the dnsmasq man page:
“The optional <mode> keyword may be static which tells dnsmasq to enable DHCP
for the network specified, but not to dynamically allocate IP addresses: only
hosts which have static addresses given via dhcp-host or from /etc/ethers will
be served”

When you look at the dnsmasq process on a neutron server it is indeed set to
static and uses the –dhcp-host options:
dnsmasq  --dhcp-range=set:tag0,1.1.1.0,static,5529600s
--dhcp-hostsfile=/var/lib/neutron/dhcp/123-4567/host --lots_of_other_options

Disclaimer:
Last time I had this scenario it was 2 years ago so my memory could be
deceiving me but this was also the behavior I experienced.
(Not 100% sure but I think we did have a custom build dnsmasq because the
centos 6 version did not support all the required options or something.
Since it was at a previous job I can no longer check but I am pretty sure it
worked with 2 dhcp servers in the same range.
Although it also depends a bit on which DHCP responds quicker on what behavior
you will see exactly. In theory our “LAN” dhcp just could have been
consistently quicker)

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen