So reading object replicator code a bit more, it looks like the stuff emitted by stats_line() is precisely what is needed [1]...hmm (most of which) which does seem to be in the swift-recon verbose replication output - altho I'm not clear if this has info about in progress replication runs...

regards

Mark

[1] which should be logged every stats_interval (ahem - unless we are hung)