On 09/26/2017 10:20 AM, Volodymyr Litovka wrote:
Hi Jay,

I know about this way :-) but Pike introduced ability to resize attached volumes:

"It is now possible to signal and perform an online volume size change as of the 2.51 microversion using the|volume-extended|external event. Nova will perform the volume extension so the host can detect its new size. It will also resize the device in QEMU so instance can detect the new disk size without rebooting." -- https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/pike.html

Apologies, Volodymyr, I wasn't aware of that ability!

Best,
-jay