On 2017-09-28 20:29:38 -0300 (-0300), Jorge Luiz Correa wrote:
> It would be good if developers could know about that because
> privacy extension is becoming the default on every operate
> systems. I've tested last version of *ubuntu and some FreeBSD
> kernels, all operating with privacy extension by default.
>
> So, this way of creating the iptables rules need to be reviewed.
[...]

To accommodate privacy extensions, we'd basically have to give up on
any assumptions as to what the viable source addresses originating
on a port could be (at least within the netmask). This filtering is
the primary mechanism for preventing address spoofing within a
shared network.

By comparison, RFC 4941 privacy extensions are primarily a
protection for desktop/mobile client systems and do little (if
anything) useful for a statically-addressed server. Disabling it
there makes a lot of sense to me, as a privacy/security-conscious
sysadmin.
--
Jeremy Stanley