Hi Experts,

I’m looking for correct procedure to change the hostname of a running compute
in Ocata OpenStack.

Here are the steps in my mind.

  1.  Change the /etc/hosts file
  2.  Change the hostname using “hostnamectl set-hostname <new hostname>”
  3.  Reboot the host. Here I’m not sure if we can avoid a reboot and restart
few services on compute and controller node. Please suggest.
  4.  After host is online, check “openstack compute service list” output.
  5.  Remove old hostname entry on controller using “openstack compute service
delete”.
  6.  Restart nova-api service to update the DB. Please correct. If I’m wrong

Regards,

Sunny