On 19/11/17 11:27, Lars-Erik Helander wrote:
I am using OS::Heat::AutoScalingGroup in the following type of scenario

resources:

    my_vm:

       type: SOME_TEMPLATE_WITH_A_VM_CONNECTED_TO_MULTIPLE_NETWORKS

       properties:

         networks: { get_attr: [my_networks, outputs_list, my_network] }

    my_networks:

      type: OS::Heat::AutoScalingGroup

      properties:

         resource:

           type: SOME_TEMPLATE_WITH_A_NETWORK_ATTRIBUTE_my_network_HOLDS_NETWORK_ID

When I deploy my stack everything works as expected. When I trigger (using a ScalingPolicy and its alarm_url) the my_networks group scales as expected.

Now I want the my_vm resource to adjust to the new state (re-evaluation of { get_attr: [my_networks, outputs_list, my_network] } ).

Can this be done ?

It won't be updated until the parent stack is updated. (You can update it using the --existing option to not change the template/environment/parameters.)

The old AWS Autoscaling resource has a hard-coded hack for updating a loadbalancer after each scaling operation. We never did think of a tidy mechanism for exposing something similar to the template author in a flexible way.

cheers,
Zane.