Hi Guru,

in general, there is no difference betweeb UI or CLI methods - both are using API, which is available through endpoints, described in Keystone.

If you want to see details on what is happening when you're doing some operations - try to switch debug=True and verbose=True in Neutron's config files (neutron.conf and corresponding plugins e.g. neutron/plugins/ml2/*) - this will give you a comprehensive view on operations itselfs and their sequence.