On 11/27/2017 10:24 AM, Ramu, MohanX wrote:
Hi All,

Not bale to launch an instance on Compute Node. instead of it, instance is trying to launch on the same controller.

The added compute node is not there in resource provider table.

Could you please help us what we missed.

Is placement API not configured on compute node side and Is there Placement API configurations coming by default along with basic Devstack set up?

There is a section on multinode setup in the devstack repo, doc/source/guides/multinode-lab.rst, that I think covers the issue you're seeing. Assuming your compute node shows up in 'nova service-list' output, you need to run ./tools/discover_hosts.sh to have a cell mapping added for the node.

-Brian