Am 2017-12-01 01:51, schrieb Joshua Harlow:
Felix Fischer wrote:
Hey Folks,

I'm Felix and I'm looking for a topic for my master's thesis in computer
science. I studied at the Humboldt University of Berlin and currently
I'm working as an OpenStack consultant. I was hoping some of you could
point me to areas or even specific topics related to OpenStack which
need further scientific research. My topic needs to be about a
scientific research question and cannot be a programming task or
something similar to that. Maybe some of you have a problem for me which needs solving or can point me directions where to look at or who to ask?

Do you like scheduling problems (research and practical), because
there are a lot of them? :)

By scheduling problems you mean "decide on which compute node to create a new instance" then yes :-) That was the direction my co-workers pointed me to, as well.
Do you have any further information or papers to read?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Felix Fischer