On 11/30/2018 02:53 AM, Mike Carden wrote:
I'm seeing a similar issue in Queens deployed via tripleo.

Two x86 compute nodes and one ppc64le node and host aggregates for virtual instances and baremetal (x86) instances. Baremetal on x86 is working fine.

All VMs get deployed to compute-0. I can live migrate VMs to compute-1 and all is well, but I tire of being the 'meatspace scheduler'.

LOL, I love that term and will have to remember to use it in the future.

I've looked at the nova.conf in the various nova-xxx containers on the controllers, but I have failed to discern the root of this issue.

Have you set the placement_randomize_allocation_candidates CONF option and are still seeing the packing behaviour?

Best,
-jay