> Am 01.09.2014 um 09:19 schrieb Adrian Schröter <adr...@suse.de>:
>
> On Montag, 1. September 2014, 09:10:05 wrote Alexander Graf:

>>> In old times this dependended on the worker configuration.
>>>
>>> But meanwhile we can provider own kernel & initrd in our projects to have
>>> this configured in a way that lasts :)
>>>
>>> I suppose you talk about openSUSE:Factory:ARM/images repo for aarch64?
>>>
>>> There is currently a
>>>
>>> VMinstall: !kernel-obs-build
>>>
>>> in prjconf, which enforces to skip to use the own kernel&initrd for
>>> inside of openSUSE:Factory:ARM.
>>>
>>> I have moved this line now, that we use it at least for qemu builds.
>>
>> But wouldn't thag mean that we'd have to have an x86 obs kernel in the
>> aarch64 repo?
>
> Yes, we need one. You are right, there is currently only an aarch64 one.
>
> I have added it now to
>
> openSUSE:Factory:ARM/aggregate_for_x86_64
>
> and adapted the prjconf.
>
> Should be fine now.

So how exactly does this ensure that the kernel module in question is loaded on
bootup?

The only reason that the obs kernel replacement maybe could help things on
native builds is that we can install the kernel in the target fs and have udev
automatically load modules for it. But our kernel modules on the target fs are
aarch64 and won't work.

So instead, we have to make sure that the initrd (which is the only 100% native
vm phase) loads our nls kernel module manually.

Alex