On 08.09.14 15:26, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Fatcory:ARM repo has new JeOS (E17 and XFCE) images but there are some
> ghost files remaining.
>

> Pandaboard and Beagleboard boots u-boot but then hangs after "Starting
> kernel ...". Beagle should use a newer u-boot managing FDT for Beagle.
> Is there any known problem with Factory Kernel for OMAP3/OMAP4 boards?

Phew, I haven't tried. But the QEMU beagle emulation I mentioned earlier
could be very useful in finding out.

> Arndale : Does boot u-boot but fails with a "Wrong Image Format" which
> should be fixed by SR #248024 (already accepted by Alex, thanks). I
> fixed it manually before the SR were accepted but I get lots of
> "cpufreq: __target_index: Failed to change cpu frequency: -22" errors
> logged but I finaly get a prompt.

Yes, you can work around this by echo'ing "performance" into the
governor sysfs file. I haven't quite figured out what's going wrong here.

> Serial console and USB2 work, but eth0
> seems to have some problems. Second boot seems to be broken (I fallback
> to a dracut prompt).

I though I had fixed that one. The problem is that dracut doesn't
include all modules required to access the SD card. So I added them to
INITRD_MODULES in /etc/sysconfig/kernel in config.sh.

Can you please check on first boot whether the line was properly updated?

> Chromebook: Does boot u-boot but then fails with a black screen once
> kernel is (or seems to be) loaded.

Ah, debugging the Chromebook is always fun. Fortunately you do get into
u-boot, so you can try a nifty little hack. Find out the address of
__log_buf in the kernel you're trying to boot (nm should be able to tell
you, subtract PAGE_OFFSET and add the physical memory offset). Then boot
the kernel that doesn't work. Soft reset (ctrl-alt-f3 or so) and from
the u-boot prompt, md.b that address.

If the kernel started booting at all you should be able to see kernel
log output which usually helps to get things working. If you don't see
anything, chances are good the device tree is wrong ;).

Alex