Hi Andrew,

Am 30.10.2014 um 21:32 schrieb Andrew Wafaa:
> When trying to get openSUSE working on the Thunder simulator the below
> issues have arisen, I was wondering if it would be possible to get
> feedback on the suggested fixes:
>
> The kernel needs to be com[p]iled with "CONFIG_FHANDLE=y".

Is that missing in one of openSUSE's configs or just in some defconfig?

> Issues: During init process observed below failure message continuously.
>
> Failure messages:
> [FAILED] Failed to start OpenSSH Daemon.
> See "systemctl status sshd.service" for details.
>          Stopping OpenSSH Daemon...
> [  OK  ] Stopped OpenSSH Daemon.
>          Starting OpenSSH Daemon...
> [FAILED] Failed to start OpenSSH Daemon.
> See "systemctl status sshd.service" for details.
>          Stopping OpenSSH Daemon...
> [  OK  ] Stopped OpenSSH Daemon.
>          Starting OpenSSH Daemon...
> [FAILED] Failed to start OpenSSH Daemon.
> See "systemctl status sshd.service" for details.
>          Stopping OpenSSH Daemon...
> [  OK  ] Stopped OpenSSH Daemon.
>          Starting OpenSSH Daemon...
> [FAILED] Failed to start OpenSSH Daemon.
> See "systemctl status sshd.service" for details.
>          Stopping OpenSSH Daemon...
> [  OK  ] Stopped OpenSSH Daemon.
>          Starting OpenSSH Daemon...
>
> Modified   "usr/lib/systemd/system/sshd.service" in openSUSE rootfs.
> by commenting Restart=always
>
> The kernel fix is simple, but I'm not a kernel guy so feedback as to
> the implications would be useful. Is there a way to fix ssh within the
> package rather than manually editing the sshd.service file?

Cavium reported the same issue to us, but not seeing this on other
platforms and with no access to their simulator, we're in need of logs
or other further information on what is going wrong there. Can you
please check journalctl -x and/or systemctl status <servicename> -l as
well as dmesg?

Thanks,
Andreas