Le 17/02/2015 11:50, Freek de Kruijf a écrit :
Hi all,

I am having problems with the wired connection, UTP, between the Rasberry Pi
and the Zyxel router P-2812HNU-F1. Quite often after connecting the Raspberry
Pi with openSUSE 13.2, the 5 indicator lights on the RPi should come up.
However only PWR is on and there is no connection between the RPi and the
Zyxel. After a power down/up of the Zyxel the normal connection comes up.

I assume that the handshaking of the Ethernet connection goes wrong. The Zyxel
should assume the master role and the RPi the slave role and apparently this
goes wrong.

Is there another way to establish a proper connection? Is there a command to
make the Ethernet interface in the RPi the slave and to start a new
negotiation?

Maybe just a matter of DHCP (dynamic IP address). You may try to run "dhcpcd
eth0" from RPi command line, to force a DHCP request on your eth0 interface.

Guillaume