On 05/19/2015 04:58 PM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op dinsdag 19 mei 2015 16:51:03 schreef Andreas Färber:
Am 18.05.2015 um 00:51 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
I had a running image on my RPi 2B and saw kernel 4.0.1 being available.
Using zypper I updated the kernel, but after that the system was no
longer bootable.

The newest image still has a 3.19 kernel.
Are you maybe accidentally installing a kernel-default from Factory
(which I think does not yet support RPi2) over the kernel-rpi2 or so
from the Contrib project?
Yes, this 4.0.1 kernel is in the armv7l Factory repository, the repository
that is defined in the image, next to the Contrib repository.

Ah, that explains it. The raspberry pi 2 requires a special downstream kernel today still, hence the name "kernel-rpi2". The kernel you installed is probably "kernel-default" which is an upstream kernel and doesn't support the RPi2 properly yet FWIW.

Alex