On Tuesday 16 June 2015, 11:50:48 wrote Alexander Graf:
> On 06/16/15 11:37, Adrian Schröter wrote:

> >> This is correct. Systems that support PXE installation get an
> >> install.tar.xz file built that contains the raw.xz file. In a perfect
> >> world, OBS would simply emit both files (install.tar.xz and raw.xz) as
> >> output of a PXE build, but this world isn't perfect ;).
> > This repackaging is meanwhile done by a kiwi helper part of kiwi ...
>
> Can the repackaging part emit 2 files? What I would like to have at the
> end of the day is a kiwi build that emits:
>
>     JeOS-foo.install.tar.xz
>     JeOS-foo.raw.xz
>
> where install.tar.xz contains everything necessary for PXE installation
> and raw.xz can be dumped on the disk directly.

sure, you can patch __createContainerBundle function of kiwi to do so.

Just, you need to rename the files at least according to the bundle-id
specified via CLI argument. Otherwise it will easily happen that files
inside of OBS projects overwrite each other in the publish area.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adr...@suse.de

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany